We love granola in our Breakfast Parfaits as a satisfying start to the day. Another recipe I've worked out is a copycat KIND brand Maple Quinoa Crunch.
|In-season toppings for autumn|
Roasted butternut squash,
pumpkin seeds, frozen wild
blueberries & goji berries
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour* or almond flour
1 cup sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
1 cup sliced/chopped almonds, walnut or pecan pieces
½ cup flax seeds
½ cup coconut or light olive oil
½ cup gluten-free brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
½ cup filtered water
OPTIONAL: Add these once the granola has cooled, or, if like in my family, everyone's tastes are different, then add these along with lots of fresh fruit, as toppings each time. 1-2 cups of a mix of unsweetened dried cranberries, goji berries, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, dates, banana chips, dried apple chunks, dried apricots or chopped dried figs, cinnamon, etc
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Combine oats, oat/nut flour, seeds and nuts in a large baking tray.
- In a measuring cup, measure rice syrup (or honey), oil and water & mix until well blended. Pour over oat mixture, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Spread evenly in pan. Bake for one hour, tossing every 20 minutes, until dry.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Mix in the dried fruit, if using. Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 weeks.