3 cups (250g) gluten-free rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking soda
a pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp olive oil (traditionally butter or fat is used)
3/4 cup (180ml) just-boiled water
gluten-free flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the oil and water, stirring with a wooden spoon to combine and make into a dough. This can get a bit sticky, so you may need to wet your hands and knead it a bit to make smooth dough.
- On a dry surface, sprinkle some flour on the board and on a rolling pin. Using a third of the dough at a time, roll out as thinly as possible. Cut into circles and bake on an ungreased baking tray for 15-20 minutes until the edges turn golden.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.