|We had our ribs with rice, peas and beans.|
The kids got a little creative before tucking in.
2 slabs of pasture-raised pork ribs
3 Tbsp brown rice syrup
4 Tbsp low-sodim tamari2 Tbsp white or rice vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed and chopped
½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients with a hand-held mixer (or else finely chop the garlic and onion and combine in a small bowl). Put the ribs and marinade into a ziploc and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line roasting tin with a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Fold the four edges up securing the corners, so that no liquid can seep out.
- Removing the ribs from the marinade, season both sides lightly with salt and place the slab bone side down, onto the foil. Pour about half of the marinade in. Bring the two long edges of foil together and fold over to close.
- Roast in oven for an hour and a half, turning over once after an hour. Be careful when opening the package, the steam is hot.
- When ready, carefully drain the sauce into a bowl. You can save this for dipping, if you don't mind all that fat....
- Put the oven rack on the second tier from the top. Set the oven to "broil" on "hi". Broil, uncovered, meat side up, for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the surface. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.